Handcrafted Click Top Ink Pen in Chrome and Lacewood
This version of our smaller pens is a bit larger, still great for small hands but with a little more substance. Ink pen features a modern design with a convenient Parker style click pen mechanism. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Lacewood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a gloss shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Handcrafted Click Top Pens Chrome Plating
Chrome plating is extremely durable plating. Under normal use, this plating should hold up for many, many years. Chrome is durable, beautiful and the choice of many of our customers. It is a "go to" plating.
Handmade Click Top Ink Pens Lacewood
Woodworkers in the United States have long delighted in the striking appearance of lacewood, which gets its name from the lacelike pattern of light-colored medullary ray flecks against a background grain that can range from pink to orange-tinged tan to brown.
This tree, native to northern Australia, is more commonly referred to as Northern or Queensland silky oak in its native continent. As the wood journeyed to the United States, it acquired a new name–Australian lacewood.
The South American lacewoods Roupala and Panopsis serve as current primary lumber sources. The trees can grow to 150' high and boast 4'-diameter trunks.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Click Top
- Fittings – Chrome
- Material – Lacewood
- Color – Brown to Golden Brown
- Length – 5-5/8 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .501 inch
- Weight – 0.9 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip of pen
- Pen Operation – Click top button to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Click Top ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: chrome, lacewood, black ink, metal, wood.