Handcrafted Ergonomic Ink Pen in Platinum and Florentine Acanthus Acrylic
Elegant contours set this pen apart from any other ballpoint pen, giving this pen a soft feel and beautiful appearance. The tip of the pen is softly indented which makes the pen very easy to hold and comfortable to write with. The pen is well balanced and includes an upgraded Parker style, Schmidt Easy-Flow refill. The Acrylic material, Florentine Acanthus, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Ergonomic Ink Pens Platinum Plating
This is very durable hard plating and it should be expected to hold up under normal careful use for many years.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Florentine Acanthus Acrylic
Transport yourself back to the Renaissance Period and give your handmade pen some international flair that is inspired by traditional Italian Renaissance patterns and motifs! Rich in complex patterns and vivid color combinations, these Italian Florentines are adorned with powdered gold accents and flowing details. Several small paper manufacturers specialize in these making this very special art paper, all located in Florence, Italy.
To make the pen, the art paper is cut, applied to the tube and then cast in crystal clear Alumilite resin to produce the beautiful seamless ink pen that you see.
Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Platinum
- Material – Acrylic – Florentine Acanthus
- Color – White background with a rainbow of colors
- Length – 5-1/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .392 inch
- Weight – 1.4 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Pen Operation – Twist pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Contour Grip ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: platinum, Florentine Acanthus, acrylic, black ink.