Handcrafted Fountain Pen in Gold Titanium with Silver Accents and Italian Acrylic
Larger sized fountain pen is one of the highest quality pens I currently make. Components are plated with extremely durable Silver and Gold Titanium. Fountain Pen has a detailed center band for a more decorative and elegant look. The sculptured fittings are representations of grapes and grape leaves. These pens all have plated nib sections and plated metal nib couplers. All external parts are solid metal. This fountain ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Italian Acrylic, Coral Green, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Includes the cherry pen box pictured.
Handcrafted Fountain Pens Silver and Gold Titanium Plating
The Silver Plating on our pens is a 20 micron (thick) plating that is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper. It is beautifully bright and quality plating, easily the brightest of the silver-colored metal plating’s. It also boasts a clear protective coating to help protect the plating from tarnish.
Few metals capture the heart like gold, a traditional choice for all types of pens.
(TN) Titanium Gold - Titanium is versatile, lightweight and strong, this metal is as strong as steel but is 45% lighter in weight, and is similar to platinum in its resistance to tarnishing. Titanium's strength, durability, and lustrous beauty make it an ideal choice for pens that are subject to daily wear.
This method produces the most durable plating. This process is called PVD (particle vapor deposition). Titanium nitride matched to the color of the gold is molecularly bonded to the part and then 24K gold is bonded (sputtered) on the part to achieve a color match to our other gold parts. The parts are again re-plated after this. The final result is that the parts will virtually never wear.
Handmade Fountain Pens Italian Resin
This imported Italian acrylic was used by the famous British pen manufacturer Conway Stewart in their pens. The Resin has an intense depth and richness of color! They polish to an amazing shine. It is a quality material that you can see and feel!
To be clear, this is NEW material, manufactured at the Italian factory Conway Stewart used, to the exact "recipe" that was used for Conway Stewart. It has become available to us since Conway Stewart has gone out of business; the factory is free to sell the same material to us.
This is the same material that has been used on $500 dollar plus pens.
Handcrafted Fountain Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Fountain Pen
- Pen Type Operation – Non-Postable Cap
- Pen Operation – Unscrew cap
- Fittings – Silver and Gold Titanium
- Material – Acrylic – Conway Colors Italian Resin
- Color – Greens with Pearl and Rusty Bronze
- Length Capped – 5-1/2 in
- Length Uncapped – 4-3/4 in
- Length Posted – NA – Non-Postable
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .423 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 2.0 oz
- Includes (2) each ink cartridges – Black, Blue and Red
- Ink Cartridge Type – Waterman Style
- Includes a premium refillable ink pump
- Fountain Pen has a medium tip installed
- Includes cherry pen box pictured
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my fountain pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Fountain pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: italian acrylic, gold, silver, metal.