Handcrafted Fountain Pen in Rhodium and 22k with Ringneck Pheasant Feathers
Larger sized fountain pen is one of the highest quality pens I currently make. Components are plated with extremely durable Rhodium and 22k Gold. Fountain Pen has a detailed center band for a more decorative and elegant look. This fountain ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Pheasant Feathers in Acrylic has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Includes, fine and medium Heritage tips and cherry pen box pictured.
We are pleased to offer the Heritage steel nibs. Like their 18 karat gold "rich cousins", these nibs are made by the largest nib manufacturer in the world. The quill pen and inkwell motif lends an air of exquisite customization not often found in steel nibs. They were designed by a pen maker specifically to fit the feeds of the pens that I make. Fountain Pen comes with a medium point installed and also includes a fine point nib.
Handcrafted Fountain Pens Rhodium and 22k Plating
Rhodium is a member of the platinum family of metals. This writing instrument is plated with rhodium, an exquisite and valuable precious metal from the Rhodium chemical group. Rhodium's brilliance, hardness, and beauty make it a favorite of fine pen makers and collectors. Rhodium is extremely durable; it resists tarnish and is very resistant to scratching, and acids. It is often the plating of choice on high end pens
The 22kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 22kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability.
Handmade Fountain Pens Pheasant Feathers
The Fountain Pens color, Ringneck Pheasant Feathers, is made by wrapping real feathers around a brass tube. The tube is then incased in clear acrylic. The acrylic material is then turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Fountain Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Fountain Pen
- Pen Type Operation – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Unscrew cap and post onto other end
- Fittings – Rhodium and 22k Gold
- Material – Acrylic – Ringneck Pheasant Feathers
- Color – White, Brown, Black and Grey feathers
- Length Capped – 5-1/8 in
- Length Uncapped – 4-7/8 in
- Length Posted – 6-3/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .355 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 1.6 oz
- Includes (2) each ink cartridges – Black, Blue and Red
- Ink Cartridge Type – Waterman Style
- Includes a premium refillable ink pump
- Fountain Pen has a medium tip installed and also includes a fine tip
- Includes cherry pen box pictured
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Fountain pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: rhodium, 22k, gold, pheasant feathers, metal, acrylic.