Handcrafted Industrial Ink Pen in Gunmetal and Black Circuit Board
This ink pen features a refined, faceted, hexagonal nuts and bolts design that has great balance for a superior writing experience. Ink Pen has a super quiet, smooth action click mechanism. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material, Black Circuit Board, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Gunmetal Plating
Our Gunmetal plating is the color of slightly grey satin Chrome. It consists of black nickel plated over brass or other substrate metals
Handmade Ink Pens Circuit Board in Acrylic
Encased in acrylic are real 3D Circuit Board components. The components you see in the pen are real; unlike some that are just printed images. This makes a very special and unusual pen. The acrylic material has been turned and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Click Top
- Fittings – Gunmetal
- Material – Acrylic – Circuit Board
- Color – Black with Gold and Silver Components
- Length – 5-1/2 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .430 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip of pen
- Pen Operation – Button click on top of pen to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.1 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Industrial Style Ink Pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: circuit board, acrylic, gunmetal, metal, black ink.