Handcrafted Industrial Pen in 24k Gold and Camphor Burl
This impressive industrially designed gold pen will impress any gift recipient. The ten O-rings compliment the industrial look while providing an easy to hold, comfortable writing experience. Below the click top is a hex nut design to complete the industrial look. The pen includes a super quiet, smooth action click mechanism. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Wood, Camphor Burl, has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Industrial look Ink Pens 24k Gold Plating
Few metals capture the heart like gold. A traditional choice for all types of pens, gold is the most easily worked of all metals because it is naturally very soft and malleable.
However, to create pen plating’s that are strong and durable, pure gold is alloyed with other metals such as copper and zinc, which strengthen it and gives it its color. Gold pen plating is consistently timeless and so elegant.
24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 24kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability.
Industrial look Ink Pens Camphor Burl
Camphor Burl, Cinnamumum camphor, is a rare burl from Southeast Asia that is highly prized. Burls show vivid light and dark patterns and create a unique, expressive look.
Industrial look Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Click Top
- Fittings – 24k Gold
- Material – Wood – Camphor Burl
- Color – Tan to Brown and Dark Brown
- Length – 5-3/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .530 inch
- Weight – 1.6 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Click Top
- Pen Operation – Click pen top to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Spartan ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: Camphor Burl, gold, wood, metal, black ink.