Handcrafted Ink Pen in Black Titanium and Brazilian Cherry
This Ballpoint pen is a great looking, easy to use twist pen that features a slim elegant and clean design. Fluted texturing on the cap and final, and roller clip add those extra special touches. With twist operation the pen has a look and feel that exudes quality. The pen's finished size is 5 1/4", which makes it perfect for that all day carry pen! This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Brazilian Cherry has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Black Titanium Plating
Black Titanium is versatile, lightweight and strong, this metal is as strong as steel but is 45% lighter in weight, and is similar to platinum in its resistance to tarnishing. Titanium's strength, durability, and lustrous beauty make it an ideal choice for pens that are subject to daily wear.
Titanium Oxide is the hardest metal available for pen coatings. Its only "down" side is that it has a dark smoky color rather than the bright brilliance of platinum and rhodium. With the appropriate pen style and body, this can give a very dramatic and rich appearance.
Handmade Ink Pens Brazilian Cherry
A type of hardwood commonly known as Brazilian cherry is in reality not a member of the cherry family at all but is instead a legume species. It is also known as jatoba, locust, or courbaril.
With the wood's blazing deep red color, Brazilian Cherry signified over-the-top grandiosity at one time, but while its popularity has somewhat faded, this beautiful wood is still a viable choice for our pens. Brazilian cherry's breathtaking reddish-brown heartwood is lined by dark black streaks, giving it not only contrast but amazing depth as well.
Handcrafted Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Black Titanium
- Material – Wood – Brazilian Cherry
- Color – Medium to Dark Brown with Black Figuring
- Length – 5-1/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .442 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist Top and Bottom to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.4 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Dayacom Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Ink Pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: black titanium, brazilian cherry, metal, wood, black ink.