Handcrafted Mechanical Pencil in Black Titanium and Indigo Royale
This version of our smaller mechanical pencil is a bit larger, still great for small hands but with a little more substance. Pencil features a modern design with a convenient click mechanism and an eraser under the click top. This Mechanical Pencil was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Laminate Wood material, Indigo Royale, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Handcrafted Mechanical Pencils Black Titanium Plating
Black Titanium is versatile, lightweight and strong, this metal is as strong as steel but is 45% lighter in weight, and is similar to platinum in its resistance to tarnishing. Titanium's strength, durability, and lustrous beauty make it an ideal choice for pens that are subject to daily wear.
Titanium Oxide is the hardest metal available for pen coatings. Its only "down" side is that it has a dark smoky color rather than the bright brilliance of platinum and rhodium. With the appropriate pen style and body, this can give a very dramatic and rich appearance.
Handmade Mechanical Pencils Wood
Durawood is a brand of laminated wood for pens that has been dyed and then glued together in various patterns to give a unique and beautiful look to our pens. The color, Indigo Royale, was turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pencil Type – Mechanical
- Pen Type Operation – Click Top
- Fittings – Black Titanium
- Material – Durawood – Indigo Royale
- Color – Dark Blue with Black Grain
- Length – 5-5/8 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .501 inch
- Weight – 1.0 oz
- Lead Type - .07mm
- Replacing Lead – Remove Click Top and Eraser, Drop in lead
- Includes extra lead and extra eraser
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Click Top Mechanical Pencil is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: durawood, wood, laminate wood, black titanium, metal.