Handcrafted Non-Postable Fountain Pen in Rhodium and 22k Gold with Million Dollar Red Alumilite Resin
Larger sized fountain pen is one of the highest quality pens I currently make. The Jr. Emperor is one of the finest pens available today. Featuring a durable plating and unique and intricate hand carved pattern that has been richly coated in 22k gold. All of the casting work has been done by hand, with exquisite attention to detail. Making this a pen fit for a king! These pens all have plated nib sections and plated metal nib couplers. All external parts are solid metal. This fountain ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Alumilite Resin, Million Dollar Red, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen includes the cherry pen box pictured, 2 nibs and ink.
Handcrafted Fountain Pens Rhodium and 22k Gold Plating
Rhodium is a member of the platinum family of metals. This writing instrument is plated with rhodium, an exquisite and valuable precious metal from the Rhodium chemical group. Rhodium's brilliance, hardness, and beauty make it a favorite of fine pen makers and collectors. Rhodium is extremely durable; it resists tarnish and is very resistant to scratching, and acids. It is often the plating of choice on high end pens.
Few metals capture the heart like gold. A traditional choice for all types of pens, gold is the most easily worked of all metals because it is naturally very soft and malleable.
However, to create pen plating’s that are strong and durable, pure gold is alloyed with other metals such as copper and zinc, which strengthen it and gives it its color. Gold pen plating is consistently timeless and so elegant.
22kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 22kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability. 22K pen finishes are a little more durable than 24K, since it is mixed with harder metals like copper or silver.
Handmade Fountain Pens Alumilite Resin
The Ink Pens color is a tough form of plastic for pens. Alumilite turns well and retains very vibrant colors. Alumilite is more expensive than Acrylic but it yields a better quality pen. No two pens are ever alike, as the resin is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The Alumilite material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Fountain Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Fountain Pen
- Pen Type Operation – Non-Postable Cap
- Pen Operation – Unscrew cap
- Fittings – Rhodium and 22k Gold
- Material – Alumilite Resin – Million Dollar Red
- Color – Burgundy Red with Reddish Pearl highlights and High Iridescence
- Length Capped – 5-1/4 in
- Length Uncapped – 4-7/8 in
- Length Posted – NA – Non-Postable
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .3155 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 2.0 oz
- Includes (2) each ink cartridges – Black, Blue and Red
- Ink Cartridge Type – Waterman Style
- Includes a premium refillable ink pump
- Fountain Pen has a medium tip installed and includes a fine tip
- Includes cherry pen box pictured
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my fountain pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Fountain pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: rhodium, 22k, gold, alumilite, resin, metal, black ink.