Handcrafted Skull Pen in Antique Pewter and Magma Acrylic
This beautifully sculpted Skull ink pen makes the perfect gift for any Skull and Crossbones lover. Great attention is given to the exquisite details of the Skull pen. Our skull pen sends a strong statement that signifies fearlessness, power, and independence for those that appreciate the dark side of life, not for the faint of heart. The pen cap features a detailed human skull, complete with red crystal eyes, while a single bony hand grips the center band. The pen clip and tip are embellished with decorative bone accents. The authentic patina and natural darkening of the Antique Pewter brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Pen includes an upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill, for a smooth writing performance. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material, Magma, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Antique Pewter Skull Pens Plating
Antiqued pewter plated components have pewter-colored plating that has been darkened to provide a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. This usually gives the pen an aged matte look. Antique Pewter finish is formulated to simulate the sophisticated sheen of time-worn pewter. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Handmade Skull Pens Acrylic
The Ink Pens color, Magma, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Skull Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Antique Pewter Finish
- Material – Acrylic – Magma
- Color – Reds and Black with Iridescence
- Length – 6 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .394 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Pull off upper barrel of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist top and bottom halves to extend and retract
- Weight – 2.9 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Skull ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: Antique Pewter, Acrylic, pewter, black ink.