Filigree Style Pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen in 24k Gold over Black Enamel with Wood Color Grain
Ink pen features an intricately detailed steampunk effect over the two-tone metal plated upper barrel. This twist style ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Color Grain Wood, Timber, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Handcrafted Filigree Style Ink Pens Plating
The 24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 24kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability. Pen includes Black Enamel areas for contrast.
Twist Ink Pens Color Grain Finish
The striking Color Grain wood is made from resin impregnated dye and laminated colored hardwood veneers.
Handmade Twist Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Pen Operation – Twist two halves to operate pen
- Fittings – 24k over Black Enamel
- Material – Color Grain – Timber
- Color – Dark Brown to Black with Orange Wood Grain
- Length – 5-3/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .475 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Top Halve
- Weight – 1.5 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Filigree ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: 24k, black enamel, wood, gold, metal, black ink.