Filigree Pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen in Antique Brass and Flame Box Elder Burl
Sleek ink pen features an intricately embossed and unique filigree pattern with 2 small Swarovski crystals. Beautiful Box Elder Burl is exhibition grade. This twist style ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Flame Box Elder Burl has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Ballpoint Ink Pens Antique Brass Plating
Antiqued brass components have a brass, copper or zinc base with a brass plating. The components are then darkened to give them a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Flame Box Elder Burl Finish
Flame Box Elder Burl - The red stains in the wood are caused by a fungus which is introduced to the tree by a beetle, known as the Box Elder Bug. The bug and the fungus do not kill the tree. All three live in harmony. The resulting color and figuring result in beautiful wood for ink pen turning.
Filigree Style Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Pen Operation – Twist two halves to operate pen
- Fittings – Antique Brass
- Material – Wood – Exhibition Grade Flame Box Elder Burl
- Color – Light Creams, Tans and Red
- Length – 5-3/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .490 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Pull apart two halves
- Weight – 1.6 oz
- Ink Color – Black
- Ink Cartridge Type – Cross Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Crafting Process
The Filigree Style ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: Box Elder Burl, antique brass, flame box elder burl, brass, wood, Swarovski crystals.