Handmade Ballpoint Pen in Gunmetal with Stylus Tip and Black Circuit Board
This beautifully sculpted classic style ink pen makes the perfect gift. Larger Vista style has a larger diameter with more substance in a writing instrument, perfect for someone who wants a larger heavier pen. The Ballpoint Pen has real 3D Circuit Board components and a stylus tip. A great looking conversation piece or just a very cool pen for your geeky friends! This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic Black Circuit Board material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Ballpoint Pen Plating
Our Gunmetal plating is the color of slightly grey satin Chrome. It consists of black nickel plated over brass or other substrate metals. Pen includes Black Enamel areas for contrast.
Handmade Ballpoint Pens Acrylic Finish
Encased in acrylic are real 3D Circuit Board components. The components you see in the pen are real; unlike some that are just printed images. This makes a very special and unusual pen.
Ballpoint Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Gunmetal and Black Enamel
- Material – Acrylic coated Circuit Board
- Color – Black with Circuit Board Components
- Length – 5-1/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .475 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist top and bottom halves to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.5 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Ballpoint pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: circuit board, acrylic, gunmetal, metal, black ink.