Handmade Ballpoint Pen in Rhodium and Southwest Laminate
This version of our smaller pens is a bit larger, still great for small hands but with a little more substance. Ink pen features a modern design with a convenient Cross style twist pen mechanism. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Southwest Laminate Wood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Rhodium Plating
Rhodium is a member of the platinum family of metals. This writing instrument is plated with rhodium, an exquisite and valuable precious metal from the Rhodium chemical group. Rhodium's brilliance, hardness, and beauty make it a favorite of fine pen makers and collectors. Rhodium is extremely durable; it resists tarnish and is very resistant to scratching, and acids. It is often the plating of choice on high end pens
Handmade Twist Ink Pens Wood
Laminated wood is a variety of wood types that have been dyed and then glued together in various patterns to give a unique and beautiful look to our pens.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Rhodium
- Material – Laminate Wood – Southwest
- Color – Brown, Turquoise, Yellow and Cream
- Length – 5-1/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .362 inch
- Weight – 0.9 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Pull off top halve of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist two halves to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Cross Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The twist ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: rhodium, laminate, wood, metal.