Handmade Ballpoint Pen in Rose Gold and Purple Box Elder Wood
This great Twist Pen is small enough to go anywhere without sacrificing the feel of a full-size pen. The two-tone plating with decorative accent band lends a simple elegance. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Purple Box Elder has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted Ballpoint Pens Rose Gold Plating
This is very unusual plating. Copper and gold are combined in such a way that they both plate with their atoms equally mixed together. The parts are specially treated before plating and the plating deposited in a very thick layer. This produces a beautiful, sumptuous look.
Handmade Ballpoint Pens Purple Box Elder
Box Elder looks great as a clear wood in its natural state and also takes colored dyes well. The results are some stunning colored wood that looks fantastic on our pens.
Fast-growing box elder was widely planted throughout the East and Midwest for street shade and windbreaks until the early 20th century. However, because it lacked the beauty, resistance to storm damage, and long life of its more glamorous cousin, the sugar maple, the practice eventually was discouraged. In the open reaches of the Great Plains through which flows the Missouri River, though, the box elder was welcome. Able to endure climate extremes and drought, it grew to greater stature, providing needed shade and shelter from the ever-present winds. Its seeds, like tiny helicopters, swirled with the breezes to find homes for sprouting, and grew where nothing did before. A true maple, box elder even today is tapped for its sweet sap, which is made into syrup and sugar. This is especially true in its western range, where the preferred sugar maple fails to grow.
Handcrafted Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Rose Gold
- Material – Wood – Purple Box Elder
- Color – Purple with Yellow to Cream Figuring
- Length – 5 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .460 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip
- Pen Operation – Twist top halve of pen to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.4 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: rose gold, box elder, purple box elder, wood, metal, black ink.