Handmade Ballpoint Pen in Two-Tone Copper with Copper Braid
This beautifully sculpted classic style ink pen makes the perfect gift. Larger Vista style has a larger diameter with more substance in a writing instrument, perfect for someone who wants a larger heavier pen. The Ballpoint Pen has real Copper Braid encased in acrylic. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Copper Braid in Acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted Ballpoint Pens Two-Tone Copper Plating
Copper offers a unique beauty and warmth. Because copper is soft by nature, the pens featuring this plating will often have a protective clear layer on top of the copper plating to increase resistance to wear. The high gloss finish with satin accents brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Handmade Ballpoint Pens Acrylic Finish
Encased in acrylic are real Copper Braids. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Ballpoint Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Copper and Satin Copper
- Material – Copper Braids in Acrylic
- Color – Copper
- Length – 5-1/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .475 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist top and bottom halves to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.5 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Ballpoint pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: copper, copper braid, acrylic, metal, black ink.