High End Ballpoint Pen, Handcrafted in Black Ti and Gold Ti with German Ebonite
This beautifully sculpted Ballpoint pen makes the perfect gift. Get your hands on this bold, large, powerfully built writing instrument, perfect for someone who wants a larger heavier pen with substance. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The German Ebonite, Marbled Green, has been turned, sanded and polished to a satin shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted Cigar Pens Plating
Titanium is versatile, lightweight and strong, this metal is as strong as steel but is 45% lighter in weight, and is similar to platinum in its resistance to tarnishing. Titanium's strength, durability, and lustrous beauty make it an ideal choice for pens that are subject to daily wear.
Black Ti - Titanium Oxide is the hardest metal available for pen coatings. Its only "down" side is that it has a dark smoky color rather than the bright brilliance of platinum and rhodium. With the appropriate pen style and body, this can give a very dramatic and rich appearance.
Gold Ti - This method produces the most durable plating. This process is called PVD (particle vapor deposition). Titanium nitride matched to the color of the gold is molecularly bonded to the part and then 24K gold is bonded (sputtered) on the part to achieve a color match to our other gold parts. The parts are again re-plated after this. The final result is that the parts will virtually never wear.
Handcrafted Ballpoint Pens Imported German Ebonite
Ebonite is a long admired material in the pen world, and this new imported marbled ebonite is long past due. We are excited to be able to offer this ebonite in our pens! Each color is unique and beautiful, and will make a stunning and classy pen!
This Marbled Green is a new spin on the collector version. The Black and Green swirls are subtle but give a rich soft quality to the pen
Although the rubber is very hard it still retains a softer tactile feel when held. The Ebonite is sanded and polished to a satin finish; no other material is applied so as to retain the tactile rubber feel.
Cigar Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Black Titanium and Gold Titanium
- Material – German Ebonite – Marbled Green
- Color – Black and Green Swirls
- Length – 5-1/2 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .490 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip of the pen
- Pen Operation – Twist top and bottom halves to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.8 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Cigar ballpoint pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: Black Ti, Gold Ti, German Ebonite, ebonite, metal, black ink.