Industrial Ballpoint Pen, Handcrafted in 6061-T6 Burnt Bronze Aluminum and Acrylic
Crafted from raw 6061-T6 machined Aluminum, this back to basics ballpoint pen is your new every day carry. The aircraft grade aluminum is known for its structural strength, toughness and light weight. Smooth threads are machined into solid metal. This results in an unusual and very durable Pen. Pen has an ultra-reliable, all metal Schmidt SKM-88 click mechanical assembly which is precision engineered in Germany by Schmidt; for the ultimate in click mechanism durability. The pen end includes a tactical designed knurling which is also featured on the pen tip; so, your pen will be easy to grip and write with. The pen clip is crafted from raw 303 Stainless Steel so it is resilient enough to grip even the thickest materials and hold on. This Pen will give a smooth writing experience while also being a very durable and beautiful industrial style pen. This ballpoint pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material, Swirled Slate has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted Click Top Pens 6061-T6 Aluminum Material
Crafted from raw 6061-T6 machined Aluminum, this back to basics ballpoint pen is your new every day carry. The aircraft grade aluminum is known for its structural strength, toughness and light weight. Smooth threads are machined into solid metal. This results in an unusual and very durable Pen.
Handmade Industrial Pens Acrylic
The Ink Pens color, Swirled Slate, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Industrial Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Click Top Ballpoint
- Pen Operation – Click Top Button
- Fittings – 6061-T6 Burnt Bronze Aluminum
- Material – Acrylic – Swirled Slate
- Color – Grey and White Swirls
- Length – 5-1/2 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .430 in
- Weight – 0.9 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Ink Color – Black
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The ballpoint pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: aluminum, acrylic, metal, black ink.