Knurled Pen, Handmade Industrial Ballpoint Pen in Antique Brass and Laminate Wood
This style ink pen has a clean line and a sleek industrial look. The precision-cut knurled finish diamond pattern in Antique Brass on the tip and end cap provides a comfortable feel and writing experience. You will find the pen has an ideal weight and balance to it. Pen also gives smooth writing with a Parker style refill. This twist style ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Laminated Wood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Knurled Pens Antique Brass Plating
Antiqued brass components have a brass, copper or zinc base with a brass plating. The components are then darkened to give them a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Knurled Pens Laminated Wood
Laminated wood is a variety of wood types that have been dyed and then glued together in various patterns to give a unique and beautiful look to our pens.
Handcrafted Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Antique Brass
- Material – Wood – Laminated
- Color – Browns and creams
- Length – 5-3/8 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .393 inch
- Weight – 1.4 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip
- Pen Operation – Twist pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Pens Crafting Process
The Knurled ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: brass, laminate wood, metal, wood.