Industrial Pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen in 24k Gold and Buckeye Burl
This impressive industrially designed gold pen will impress any gift recipient. The ten O-rings compliment the industrial look while providing an easy to hold, comfortable writing experience. Below the click top is a hex nut design to complete the industrial look. The pen includes a super quiet, smooth action click mechanism. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Buckeye Burl has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Industrial look Ink Pens Gold Plating
The 24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 24kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability.
Industrial look Ink Pens Buckeye Burl
Buckeye Burl is an unusual species. Colors range from blue-black to golden whites with a nice mixture in between. Buckeye is a very difficult and expensive wood to mill. Buckeye burl is highly prized for the beautiful pattern of burl eyes, swirls and other figure.
The Base of the tree (root wad) that is underground produces 90% or more of the burl. The burls can range from 50 pounds up to several thousand in their natural state. When converting a burl into usable wood there is usually between 60-75% waste. Buckeye is processed all the way down to half pen blanks to yield everything possible.
Industrial look Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Click Top
- Fittings – Gold
- Material – Wood – Buckeye Burl
- Color – Reddish Brown to Dark Brown
- Length – 5-3/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .530 inch
- Weight – 1.6 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Click Top
- Pen Operation – Click pen top to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Spartan ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: 24k, gold, buckeye burl, wood, metal.