Knurled Ballpoint Pen, Handcrafted in Chrome and Fire Feathers Acrylic
This Knurled Ballpoint Pen is unusual and eye catching. It is a bit smaller which makes for a very good pocket or purse carry. Meticulous attention has been made to the details of the knurling pattern on the center band, accent ring and twist finial that exceeds the exceptions of a "high end" writing instrument. The extra center band enhances the overall look and feel while providing exceptional balance making it a pleasure to write with. With a simple twist of the cap, you're ready for comfortable writing with this exceptional pen. This ballpoint pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material Fire Feathers, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted Knurled Ballpoint Pens Chrome Plating
Chrome plating is extremely durable plating. Under normal use, this plating should hold up for many, many years. Chrome is durable, beautiful and the choice of many of our customers. It is a "go to" plating.
Handcrafted Knurled Ink Pens Fire Feather Acrylic
The Ink Pens color, Fire Feathers, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Ballpoint Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Chrome
- Material – Acrylic – Fire Feathers
- Color – Swirling Reds and Pearl with Iridescence
- Length – 4-3/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .470 inch
- Weight – 1.4 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Twist pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Parker Style
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Knurled ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: acrylic, chrome, metal, black ink.