Mechanical Pencil, .7mm Handmade Pencil in Chrome and Ebonite
Classic style Mechanical Pencil, that looks great anywhere. The pencil is Classic, Durable and has an extremely smooth pencil click mechanism. You will find the mechanical pen has an ideal weight and balance to it and also gives smooth writing with the 7mm lead . Pencil includes an eraser under the click top. The Ebonite material, Green with Black Swirl, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Mechanical Pencil ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Handcrafted Pencils Chrome Plating
Chrome plating is extremely durable plating. Under normal use, this plating should hold up for many, many years. Chrome is durable, beautiful and the choice of many of our customers. It is a "go to" plating. Pencil includes Black Enamel areas for contrast.
Mechanical Pencils Ebonite Finish
Ebonite is a brand name for very hard rubber first obtained by Charles Goodyear by vulcanizing natural rubber for prolonged periods. Our Ebonite pen material, Green with Black Swirl, has been infused with color to make an attractive pen design. Although the rubber is very hard it still retains a softer tactile feel when held.
Handcrafted Mechanical Pencils Features and Specs
- Pencil Type – .7mm
- Pencil Type Operation – Click Top
- Fittings – Chrome
- Material – Ebonite – Green with Black Swirl
- Color – Green with Black Swirl
- Length – 5-1/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .405 inch
- Weight – 1.1 oz
- Replacing Lead – Unscrew tip, remove mechanism to replace lead
- Pencil Operation – Click top to extend lead, hold down clicker and push in lead to retract
- Lead - .7mm
- Includes a 30 Pack of Leads
- Pencil includes an eraser under the click top
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my Mechanical pencils are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pencil is the actual pencil that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each mechanical pencil is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Pencils Crafting Process
The mechanical pencil is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pencil is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: ebonite, rubber, chrome, metal.