Mechanical Pencil, 7mm Pencil, Handmade in Rhodium and Crush Stained Glass Acrylic
The 7mm Mechanical Pencil is smaller in diameter and suited to smaller hands. This Handmade mechanical pencil features a sleek design that has great balance for a superior writing experience. Click Pencil has a super quiet, smooth action click mechanism and has an eraser in the cap. This 7mm mechanical pencil was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material, Crush Stained Glass, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Mechanical Pencil ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
7mm Mechanical Pencils Rhodium Plating
Rhodium is a member of the platinum family of metals. This writing instrument is plated with rhodium, an exquisite and valuable precious metal from the Rhodium chemical group. Rhodium's brilliance, hardness, and beauty make it a favorite of fine pen makers and collectors. Rhodium is extremely durable; it resists tarnish and is very resistant to scratching, and acids. It is often the plating of choice on high end pens
7mm Mechanical Pencils Acrylic Finish
The Mechanical Pencils color, Crush Stained Glass, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handmade 7mm Pencil Features and Specs
- Lead Pencil Type – 7mm Click Pencil
- Pencil Type Operation – Click Top
- Fittings – Rhodium
- Material – Acrylic – Crush Stained Glass
- Color – Black with Reds, Greens and Purple
- Pencil Length – 5-5/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .355 in
- Weight – 0.7 oz
- Lead Type – 7mm
- Includes a 30 Pack of Leads
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
- Includes – Eraser in Cap
- Replacing Lead – To fill the pencil with lead, pull out the plunger and eraser and drop the lead inside the storage compartment. Plunge until the lead comes through the tip.
- To use the eraser, pull off the plunger to expose
Additional Information on Handcrafted Mechanical Pencils
- All of my mechanical pencils are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pencil is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pencils will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each Mechanical pencil is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
The Mechanical Pencil is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pencil to its final shape on a lathe. The pencil is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pencils then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pencils are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: acrylic, metal, rhodium, 7mm lead.