Mechanical Pencil, Handmade 2mm Pencil in Antique Brass and Ebonite
The 2mm handcrafted pencil looks just like a traditional #2 pencil but is actually a cool click mechanical pencil. The heavy duty 2mm lead lets you draw, write, mark or draft with comfort and ease. Includes a large push button eraser on the end and even has a pencil sharpener inside the eraser housing. This mechanical pencil was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Ebonite material, Maroon with Yellow Swirl, has been turned, sanded and polished to a satin shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Mechanical Pencil ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Handcrafted, 2mm Mechanical Pencils Antique Brass Plating
Antiqued brass components have a brass, copper or zinc base with a brass plating. The components are then darkened to give them a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
2mm Pencils Ebonite Finish
Ebonite is a brand name for very hard rubber first obtained by Charles Goodyear by vulcanizing natural rubber for prolonged periods. Our Ebonite pen material, Maroon with Yellow Swirl, has been infused with color to make an attractive pen design. Although the rubber is very hard it still retains a softer tactile feel when held.
Handmade 2mm Pencil Features and Specs
- Lead Pencil Type – 2mm Click Pencil
- Pencil Type Operation – Click Top
- Fittings – Antique Brass
- Material – Acrylic – Maroon with Yellow Swirl
- Color – Maroon with Yellow Swirl
- Pencil Length – 5-3/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .429 in
- Weight – 1.0 oz
- Lead Type – 2mm
- Includes – Extra 5 pack of lead
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
- Replacing Lead – press the plunger and hold down. Slide a new lead stick through the tip to the desired extension
Additional Information on Handcrafted Mechanical Pencils
- All of my Mechanical Pencils are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pencil is the actual pencil that you will receive
- All Mechanical Pencils will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each Mechanical Pencil is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Mechanical Pencils Crafting Process
The 2mm Pencil is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The Mechanical Pencil is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pencils then have 10 coats of finish applied and the Mechanical Pencils is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
All of my Mechanical Sketch Pencils and Mechanical Pencils use standard sizes of leads. They are all readily available at local Office and Art stores as well as on-line.
Materials: antique brass, ebonite, metal, rubber, brass.