Mechanical Pencil, Handmade Pencil in Gunmetal and Marblewood
This mechanical pencil features a refined, faceted, hexagonal nuts and bolts design that has great balance for a superior writing experience. Pencil has a super quiet, smooth action click mechanism. The mechanical pencil was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Wood, Marblewood, has been turned, sanded and polished to a soft shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Mechanical Pencil ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Handcrafted Mechanical Pencils Gunmetal Plating
Our Gunmetal plating is the color of slightly grey satin Chrome. It consists of black nickel plated over brass or other substrate metals
Handmade Mechanical Pencils Marblewood
This wood has beautiful grain patterns that are different in each piece. It originates in Suriname, South America and has a high density. The high contrast between the golden body and the much darker streaks give it an appearance somewhat similar to natural marble, hence the common name of “Marblewood” for this species. Marblewood’s overall appearance is very similar to Zebrawood, though Marblewood tends to have a slightly finer texture.
Mechanical Pencils Features and Specs
- Pencil Type – Mechanical
- Pencil Type Operation – Click Top
- Fittings – Gunmetal
- Material – Wood - Marblewood
- Color – Tans, Creams and Brown
- Length – 5-3/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .440 in
- Pencil Operation – Button click on top of pen to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.2 oz
- Lead Type – 2mm
- Includes – Extra 5 pack of lead
- Includes an Extra Eraser
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
- Replacing Lead – press the plunger and hold down. Slide a new lead stick through the tip to the desired extension
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pencils
- All of my mechanical pencils are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pencil is the actual pencil that you will receive
- All pencils will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each mechanical pencil is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Industrial Style Mechanical Pencil is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pencils are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: gunmetal, marblewood, lead.