Mechanical Pencil, Handmade .7mm Pencil in Black Titanium and Marblewood
The 7mm Mechanical Pencil is smaller in diameter and suited to smaller hands. This Handmade mechanical pencil features a sleek design that has great balance for a superior writing experience. Click Pencil has a super quiet, smooth action click mechanism and has an eraser in the cap. This .7mm mechanical pencil was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Wood, Marblewood, has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a satin shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Mechanical Pencil ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
7mm Mechanical Pencils Black Titanium Plating
Black Titanium is versatile, lightweight and strong, this metal is as strong as steel but is 45% lighter in weight, and is similar to platinum in its resistance to tarnishing. Titanium's strength, durability, and lustrous beauty make it an ideal choice for pens that are subject to daily wear.
Titanium Oxide is the hardest metal available for pen coatings. Its only "down" side is that it has a dark smoky color rather than the bright brilliance of platinum and rhodium. With the appropriate pen style and body, this can give a very dramatic and rich appearance.
7mm Mechanical Pencils Marblewood Finish
This wood has beautiful grain patterns that are different in each piece. It originates in Suriname, South America and has a high density. The high contrast between the golden body and the much darker streaks give it an appearance somewhat similar to natural marble, hence the common name of “Marblewood” for this species. Marblewood’s overall appearance is very similar to Zebrawood, though Marblewood tends to have a slightly finer texture.
Handmade 7mm Pencil Features and Specs
- Lead Pencil Type – .7mm Click Pencil
- Pencil Type Operation – Click Top
- Fittings – Black TN
- Material – Wood – Marblewood
- Color – Medium to Dark Browns
- Pencil Length – 5-5/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .355 in
- Weight – 0.7 oz
- Lead Type – 7mm
- Includes a pack of 7mm Lead
- Includes – Eraser in Cap
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
- Replacing Lead – To fill the pencil with lead, pull out the plunger and eraser and drop the lead inside the storage compartment. Plunge until the lead comes through the tip.
- To use the eraser, pull off the plunger to expose
Additional Information on Handcrafted Mechanical Pencils
- All of my mechanical pencils are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pencil is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pencils will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each Mechanical pencil is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
The Mechanical Pencil is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pencil to its final shape on a lathe. The pencil is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pencils then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pencils are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: marblewood, black tn, wood, metal.