Music Note Pen, Handmade Inlay Pen in Chrome and Black Enamel with Music Note Inlay
Classic style ink pen with flair and elegance, the lower band has rows of inlaid black diamond shapes. This is a really elegant and intricate looking pen that would make a great gift. This ink pen is Classic, Durable and has an extremely smooth pen mechanism. You will find the ink pen has an ideal weight and balance to it and also gives smooth writing with a Parker style refill. This twist style ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The wood inlay, Music Note, has been laser cut and hand assembled, then turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Inlayed Ink Pens 24k Gold and Chrome Plating
Chrome plating is extremely durable plating. Under normal use, this plating should hold up for many, many years. Chrome is durable, beautiful and the choice of many of our customers. It is a "go to" plating. The 24kt gold contrast offers a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 24kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability.
Ink Pens Music Note Inlayed Wood
These 3 distinct musical notes in Cocobolo stand out great against beautiful, curly maple! This is the perfect pen for the music lover. The pieces are laser cut, assembled by hand and then turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish that results in a durable and beautiful pen.
Inlayed Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Chrome and Gold
- Material – Wood – Inlays
- Color – Tans and Brown
- Length – 5-1/4 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .425 inch
- Weight – 1.6 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew bottom halve
- Pen Operation – Twist pen to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Inlayed ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: cocobolo, curly maple, wood, 24k, gold, wood inlay, chrome, black ink.