Music pen, Handmade Music Themed Ballpoint Pen in Antique Pewter and Picasso Acrylic
The perfect Ink Pen for the music enthusiast or musician. The Ink Pen cap features a realistically inspired snare drum Ð, a versatile drum used in the military, marching bands and even rock bands. The pen clip replicates the head, neck and strings of a guitar. The center band features piano keys while the tip of the pen features music notes and symbols. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The acrylic material, Picasso, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Music Pens Antique Pewter Plating
Antiqued pewter plated components have pewter-colored plating that has been darkened to provide a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. This usually gives the pen an aged matte look. Antique Pewter finish is formulated to simulate the sophisticated sheen of time-worn pewter. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Ballpoint Pens Acrylic Finish
The Ink Pens color, Picasso, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handmade Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Antique Pewter Finish
- Material – Acrylic – Picasso
- Color – Multiple color patches with Iridescence
- Length – 5-3/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .523 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Turn top halve counterclockwise to separate the two halves
- Pen Operation – Twist top and bottom halves to extend and retract
- Weight – 2.7 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Pens Crafting Process
The Music Themed pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: antique pewter, pewter, acrylic, metal, black ink.