Handcrafted Music Themed Ink Pen in 24k Gold and Afzilia Snakewood
The perfect Ink Pen for the music enthusiast or musician. The Ink Pen cap features a realistically inspired snare drum Ð, a versatile drum used in the military, marching bands and even rock bands. The pen clip replicates the head, neck and strings of a guitar. The center band features piano keys while the tip of the pen features music notes and symbols. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Afzilia Snakeskin has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high gloss shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Music Pens 24k Gold Plating
The 24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 24kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability.
Ballpoint Pens Afzilia Snakewood
Afzilia Snakeskin wood from Laos, common name Snakewood, perhaps the most beautiful woods you'll ever see with dramatic unbelievable grain. Afzilia is a deciduous tree that grows in the forests of South East Asia. The tree can reach 80-90 feet tall with a trunk over 5 feet in diameter. The seeds of this tree are often harvested for medicinal purposes. The highly-figured lumber is often sold as Afzelia Xylay. It's 3D Alligator skin like appearance makes this timer quite unique, highly sought after and quite rare. Afzelia is a moderately dense wood, with a warm, rich golden orange-red coloring.
Handcrafted Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – 24K Gold Finish
- Material – Wood – Afzilia Snakewood
- Color – Shades of Browns and Creams
- Length – 5-3/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .523 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Turn top halve counterclockwise to separate the two halves
- Pen Operation – Twist top and bottom halves to extend and retract
- Weight – 2.6 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handmade Ink Pens Crafting Process
The Music Themed ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: acrylic, wood, Afzilia Snakewood, snakewood.