Nouveau, Art Deco Pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen in 24k Gold and Gunmetal with White Pearl Acrylic
Pen Fittings are designed by accomplished pen designer David Broadwell, this pen comes to life with custom casted 3-D Art Nouveau design components and premium plating. All exposed accent rings, bands and caps include elegant custom casted 3 dimensional Art Nouveau designs. You will find the pen has an ideal weight and balance to it and also gives smooth writing with a Parker style refill. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material, White Pearl, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Nouveau Style Ink Pen Gunmetal and 24k Gold Plating
Our Gunmetal plating is the color of slightly grey satin Chrome. It consists of black nickel plated over brass or other substrate metals. The 24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 24kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability.
Nouveau Style Pens Acrylic Finish
The Ink Pens color, White Pearl, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – Gun Metal and 24k Gold
- Material – Acrylic – White Pearl
- Color – Pearl with Iridescence
- Length – 5 inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .375 inch
- Weight – 1.7 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip
- Pen Operation – Twist pen top to extend and retract
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Nouveau ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: acrylic, gold, gunmetal, 24k, metal.