Patriotic Ballpoint Pen, Handcrafted in Antique Pewter and Walnut Root
This ink pen is ornate with many Patriotic symbols. The pen clip features a red, white and blue American flag and handsomely cast Bald Eagle emblem. The pen end features a laurel leaf, a symbol of victory and a popular motif in the Federal style of architecture. The pen top features an etched U.S.A and laurel leaf stamp. Also on the tip and end are Doric column influenced designs, which appear on many American government buildings and monuments. Finally, God Bless America is intricately etched into the pen band. Excellent weight, balance and a smooth writing performance with a Parker style refill. The Walnut Root has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Patriotic Ink Pens Antique Pewter Plating
Antiqued pewter plated components have pewter-colored plating that has been darkened to provide a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. This usually gives the pen an aged matte look. Antique Pewter finish is formulated to simulate the sophisticated sheen of time-worn pewter. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Patriotic Ink Pens Walnut Root
Walnut root wood is a root ball under the tree that is usually exposed when the tree falls over. The ball is present due to roots usually growing around rocks. The rocks are usually imbedded in the wood which makes it difficult and time consuming to remove. The wood has shades of brown and an iridescence that is difficult to photograph.
Handmade Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Twist Ink Pen
- Pen Operation – Twist two Halves
- Fittings – Antique Pewter
- Material – Wood – Walnut root wood
- Color – Shades of Brown
- Length – 5-3/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .440 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew two halves
- Weight – 1.8 oz
- Ink Color – Black
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Patriotic Style ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: antique pewter, walnut root, wood, pewter, metal, black ink.