Handcrafted Phoenix Rising Ink Pen in Antique Pewter and Turquoise Tru-Stone
In Greek mythology, a phoenix is a long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. This ink pen captures the story in detail, from the flames bursting at the tip, to the rising phoenix; its tail rendered in the clip. Amber crystals on the clip and cap add to the majesty of this regal creature. This ballpoint ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Tru-stone material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Phoenix Rising Ink Pens Antique Pewter Plating
Antiqued pewter plated components have pewter-colored plating that has been darkened to provide a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. This usually gives the pen an aged matte look. Antique Pewter finish is formulated to simulate the sophisticated sheen of time-worn pewter. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Phoenix Rising Ink Pens Tru-Stone
Tru-Stone consists of more than 85% actual stone. Tru-Stone is made by a unique process of pulverizing semi-precious stones into a powder, and then combines them with other natural pigments and resins. The Tru-Stone color, Turquoise with Black Veins, is 4 times the cost of acrylic but the result is a stunning pen that will look great for many, many years.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint Pen
- Pen Operation – Twist tip to extend ink tip
- Fittings – Antique Pewter
- Material – Tru-Stone – Turquoise with Black Veins
- Color – Turquoise with Black Veins
- Length – 5-3/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .560 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 2.5 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Crafting Process
The Phoenix Rising ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: antique pewter, pewter, trustone, Turquoise TruStone.