Religious Pen, Handmade Faith Ballpoint Pen in Bethlehem Carob and 24k Gold
"Faith" "Hope" and "Love" are intricately cast into the center band and the pen top features attractive cross designs. The Cross on the tips and clips are reference to the Fleur-de-lis. In the Middle Ages the symbols of lily and Fleur-de-lis overlapped considerably in Christian religious art. The three petals of the heraldic design reflect a widespread association with the Holy Trinity. Here we are using the three to symbolize the virtues of Faith, Hope and Love.
The braided rope detail reinforces the concept of trinity, with a braided rope being made from three separate stands into something much stronger. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Carob has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted Faith Pens 24k Gold Plating
The 24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 24kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability.
Faith Ink Pens Bethlehem Carob Wood
This Pen is made from Bethlehem Carob, the Holy Land. This is a beautiful wood with a wide range of colors from creamy white to beautiful pink. It is the only tree in the Holy Land that can outlive the Olivewood Tree. This wood is mentioned in the Bible in Luke 15:16 and Matthew 3:4. The Carob fruit is known as St. John’s Bread (bread referring to the Carob pods). The inside of the seed pods are used in modern times as a chocolate substitute. Includes a certificate of Authenticity.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Fittings – 24k Gold Finish
- Material – Wood – Bethlehem Carob
- Color – Tan with Brown to Reddish Markings
- Length – 5-1/2 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .507 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew top halve of pen
- Pen Operation – Twist top halve to extend and retract
- Weight – 1.7 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Faith ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: carob, 24k, gold, metal, wood.