Rollerball, Classic Handmade Pen in 24k Gold with Black Enamel and Cocobola Wood
Popular sized rollerball pen is a reproduction of a very popular Parker 1920’s pen design. This rollerball ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Cocobola wood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Rollerball Pens 24k Gold Plating and Black Enamel
The 24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 24kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability. Pen includes Black Enamel areas for contrast.
Rollerball Pens Cocobolo Finish
Cocobolo Rosewood has garnered a reputation around the globe as one of the highest quality rosewoods of the Dalbergia genus. Denser and oilier than most of the other true rosewoods, cocobolo has been coveted for centuries by the local tribal communities within its growing region for carving and structural fortification.
The primary legal sources for true cocobolo rosewood are Mexico and Nicaragua. The Nicaraguan variety has established a reputation for consistently producing vibrant reds and oranges while the Mexican variety leans more towards the darker spectrum. While there are many differing opinions on which variety is superior, both varieties share equivalent density, working properties, character and tonality. Ultimately beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Handcrafted Rollerball Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Rollerball Pen
- Pen Type Operation – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Unscrew cap and screw onto other end
- Fittings – 24K Gold with Black enamel
- Material – Wood – Exhibition Grade Cocobola
- Color – Browns and Dark Tan
- Length Capped – 5-1/4 in
- Length Uncapped – 4-3/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .318 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 0.9 oz
- Ink Color – Black
- Ink Cartridge Type – Rollerball
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Rollerball pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: cocobolo, wood, 24k, gold, Cocobola Wood.