Rollerball, Handcrafted Nouveau Style in 22k Gold and Rhodium with Metal Flake Acrylic
Pen Fittings are designed by accomplished pen designer David Broadwell, this pen comes to life with custom casted 3-D Art Nouveau design components and premium plating. All exposed accent rings, bands and caps include elegant custom casted 3 dimensional Art Nouveau designs. You will find the pen has an ideal weight and balance to it and also gives smooth writing with a Schmidt Parker style refill. The Rollerball has real metal pieces encased in acrylic for a unique appearance. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The metal pieces in Acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Handcrafted Rollerball 22k Gold and Rhodium Plating
Few metals capture the heart like gold. A traditional choice for all types of pens, gold is the most easily worked of all metals because it is naturally very soft and malleable.
However, to create pen plating’s that are strong and durable, pure gold is alloyed with other metals such as copper and zinc, which strengthen it and gives it its color. Gold pen plating is consistently timeless and so elegant.
22kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 22kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability. 22K pen finishes are a little more durable than 24K, since it is mixed with harder metals like copper or silver.
Rhodium is a member of the platinum family of metals. This writing instrument is plated with rhodium, an exquisite and valuable precious metal from the Rhodium chemical group. Rhodium's brilliance, hardness, and beauty make it a favorite of fine pen makers and collectors. Rhodium is extremely durable; it resists tarnish and is very resistant to scratching, and acids. It is often the plating of choice on high end pens
Handcrafted Rollerballs Acrylic
The gold and silver metal flakes are encased in acrylic that is a tough form of plastic for pens and pencils. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Rollerball Features and Specs
- All exposed accent rings, bands and caps include elegant custom casted 3 dimensional Art Nouveau designs.
- Components are cast, polished and plated with a durable 2 micron 22kt gold plate and Rhodium.
- The Rollerball include a Schmidt rhodium plated pen nib with a steel cartridge with a ceramic point.
- Pen Type – Rollerball
- Pen Type Operation – Remove Cap
- Fittings – Rhodium and 22k Gold
- Material – Acrylic – Gold and Silver Flake
- Color – Gold and Silver
- Length Capped – 5 1/2 inch
- Length Uncapped – 5 1/8 inch
- Length Posted – 6 ½ inch
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .3145 inch
- Weight – 2.1 oz
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip
- Pen Operation – Remove Cap
- Ink Color – Black Schmidt Ceramic Tip
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Nouveau ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: 22k Gold, Rhodium, acrylic, black ink.