Rollerball, Handmade Classic Pen in 24k and Gunmetal with Amethyst Acrylic
Popular sized rollerball pen is a reproduction of a very popular Parker 1920’s pen design. The Classic Elite is a step up from the Classic, a higher grade of finishes and a bit larger. This rollerball pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material, Amethyst, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Rollerball ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Rollerball Pens 24K Gold and Gun Metal
Few metals capture the heart like gold, a traditional choice for all types of pens. The 24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 24kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability.
Pen includes Gun Metal areas for contrast. Our Gunmetal plating is the color of slightly grey satin Chrome. It consists of black nickel plated over brass or other substrate metals
Rollerball Pens Acrylic Finish
The Ink Pens color, Amethyst, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Rollerball Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Rollerball Pen
- Pen Type Operation – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Unscrew cap and screw onto other end
- Fittings – 24k Gold with Gunmetal
- Material – Acrylic – Amethyst
- Color – Blues, Purples and Pearl with Iridescence
- Length Capped – 5-3/8 in
- Length Uncapped – 4-3/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .316 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 0.9 oz
- Ink Color – Black
- Ink Cartridge Type – Rollerball, upgrade to Schmidt 5888 ceramic tip
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Classic Elite Rollerball is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: gunmetal, gold, 24k, acrylic, black ink.