Rollerball, Handmade Pen in 24k Gold and Black Enamel with Bocote Wood
Larger sized rollerball pen is a reproduction of a very popular pen design. This is a Rollerball Pen with an artistic twisted rope 3-D band for a more decorative and elegant look. This rollerball ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Bocote has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a satin finish that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Rollerball Pens 24k and Black Enamel
The 24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 24kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability. Pen includes Black Enamel areas for contrast.
Rollerball Pens Bocote Finish
Bocote is a gorgeous wood from Mexico that displays a wonderful contrast of cream-colored and black bands. Bocote primarily grows along the Western coast of Mexico and reaches heights up to 60'. The heartwood of freshly milled Bocote consists of a number of colorful bands, including cream, yellow, green, brown and black. In some cases, the wood is highly figured, exhibiting tiny knots with wavy bands, and even a bird's-eye figure.
Handcrafted Rollerball Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Rollerball Pen
- Pen Type Operation – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Unscrew cap and post onto other end
- Fittings – 24K Gold and Black Enamel
- Material – Wood - Bocote
- Color – Browns, Blacks and Tans
- Length Capped – 5-3/8 in
- Length Uncapped – 4-5/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .390 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 1.4 oz
- Ink Color – Black
- Ink Cartridge Type – Rollerball
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Crafting Process
The Olympian Rollerball pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: bocote, 24k, black enamel, wood, gold, metal.