Rollerball, Handmade Pen in Rhodium and Black Enamel with White and Black Thread Acrylic
Larger sized Rollerball ink pen is a reproduction of a very popular pen design. This is a Rollerball Pen with an artistic twisted rope 3-D band for a more decorative and elegant look. This rollerball ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Rollerball Pens Rhodium Plating
Rhodium is a member of the platinum family of metals. This is a very durable, hard and brilliant plating. It is often the plating of choice on high end pens. Pen includes Black Enamel areas for contrast.
Rollerball Pens Acrylic Finish
The Ink Pens color, White with Black Thread, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Rollerball Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Rollerball Pen
- Pen Type Operation – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Unscrew cap and post onto other end
- Fittings – Rhodium and Black Enamel
- Material – Acrylic – White with Black Thread
- Color – White with Black Swirls
- Length Capped – 5-3/8 in
- Length Uncapped – 4-3/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .390 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 1.4 oz
- Ink Color – Black
- Ink Cartridge Type – Rollerball
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Pens Crafting Process
The Rollerball ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: rhodium, acrylic, black enamel, metal, White with Black Thread Acrylic.