Rollerball Pen, Handmade Rollerball in Black Chrome and Turquoise with Black Acrylic
A clean and simple contemporary ink pen, you'll love these new rollerball pens, the performance you'd expect from a high-priced rollerball pen for a lot less. The metal cap simply presses on the pen end to post and presses on to the pen nib end to close. This rollerball ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material, Classic Turquoise and Black, has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Pen ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Handcrafted Rollerball Pens Black Chrome Plating
Black Chrome offers a unique alternative to traditional plating's that works extremely well with lighter color woods or dark colored wood to evoke that "tactical" look. The unusual "non-metallic" black color makes Black Chrome a favorite.
Contemporary Rollerball Pens Acrylic Finish
The rollerball Ink Pens color, Classic Turquoise and Black, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handmade Rollerball Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Rollerball Pen
- Pen Operation – cap pulls off and posts onto other end
- Fittings – Black Chrome
- Material – Acrylic – Classic Turquoise and Black
- Color – Turquoise with Black Web
- Length Capped – 5 in
- Length Posted – 5-1/2 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .450 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 1.1 oz
- Ink Color – Black
- Ink Cartridge Type – Scheider Rollerball
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Rollerball pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: acrylic, black chrome, metal, black ink.