Rollerball Pen, Classic Style, Handcrafted in 24k Gold with Masur Birch
Popular sized rollerball pen is a reproduction of a very popular Parker 1920’s pen design. The Classic Elite is a step up from the Classic, a higher grade of finishes and a bit larger. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Wood, Exhibition Grade Masur Birch, has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Handcrafted Rollerball Pens 24k Gold Plating
Few metals capture the heart like gold. A traditional choice for all types of pens, gold is the most easily worked of all metals because it is naturally very soft and malleable.
However, to create pen plating’s that are strong and durable, pure gold is alloyed with other metals such as copper and zinc, which strengthen it and gives it its color. Gold pen plating is consistently timeless and so elegant.
24kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 24kt gold uses a "premium rack plating" process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability.
Handmade Rollerball Pens Masur Birch, Exhibition Grade
Masur Birch is similar to Birdseye Maple in that it's not a species, but has a unique enough grain pattern to have its own category. The species grows throughout Europe/Asia and the finished pens are stunning. Once surmised to have been caused by the boring larvae of a certain beetle the resulting figure and appearance is very similar to burl wood or Birdseye maple, though of a different origin.
Handcrafted Rollerball Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Rollerball Pen
- Pen Type Operation – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Unscrew cap and screw onto other end
- Fittings – 24k Gold
- Material – Wood – Ex. Grade Masur Birch
- Color – Cream with Brown Figuring
- Length Capped – 5-3/8 in
- Length Uncapped – 4-11/16 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .316 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 1.1 oz
- Ink Color – Black
- Ink Cartridge Type – Rollerball
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Rollerball pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: 24k, Masur Birch, gold, metal, wood, black ink.