Sketch Pencil, Handmade, 3mm Mechanical Pencil in Chrome and Coffee Tree Wood
Enjoy the convenience and durability of this handcrafted, compact, heavy duty custom pencil at home, shop, studio or work. The mechanical pencil features an unbreakable 3mm lead, a precision collet mechanism, built-in sharpener and an attractive clip. Pencil includes a 90 mm length of 3mm lead installed and an extra pack of 3 leads. This Mechanical Sketch Pencil was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Coffee Tree wood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a satin shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Mechanical Pencil ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Mechanical Pencils Chrome Plating
Chrome plating is extremely durable plating. Under normal use, this plating should hold up for many, many years. Chrome is durable, beautiful and the choice of many of our customers. It is a "go to" plating.
Sketch Pencils Coffee Tree Wood
Coffee Tree ranges from light red to reddish brown in color and is hard and heavy, with a coarse, straight grain. Coffee tree named because early settlers used roasted seeds from this tree to make a coffee substitute. The wood of the Kentucky coffee tree was prized, being called "Kentucky Mahogany" for its rich color and dense grain. The reddish brown wood is hard and durable and very attractive when finished and polished.
Handcrafted Sketch Pencil Features and Specs
- Lead Pencil Type – 3mm Click Pencil
- Pencil Type Operation – Click Top
- Fittings – Chrome
- Material – Wood – Coffee Tree
- Color – Creams and Browns
- Pencil Length – 4-1/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .494 in
- Weight – 0.9 oz
- Lead Type – 3mm
- Includes – Extra 3 pack of lead
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
- Replacing Lead – press the plunger and hold down. The jaws holding the lead will release the lead. Slide a new lead stick through the open jaws to the desired extension
Additional Information on Handcrafted Mechanical Pencils
- All of my Mechanical Pencils are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pencil is the actual pencil that you will receive
- All Mechanical Pencils will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each Mechanical Pencil is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Mechanical Pencils Crafting Process
The Sketch Pencil is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The Mechanical Pencil is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pencils then have 10 coats of finish applied and the Mechanical Pencils is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
All of my Mechanical Sketch Pencils and Mechanical Pencils use standard sizes of leads. They are all readily available at local Office and Art stores as well as on-line.
Materials: Chrome, Coffee Tree Wood, wood, coffee tree, metal.