Southwest Pen, Handmade Ballpoint Pen in Antique Pewter with Turquoise Stones and Turquoise Acrylic
The Southeast Style ink pen end features geometric shapes inspired by weaving patterns of the Southwestern American Indians. Southwest Indians create many beautiful pieces of art, because they are very spiritual tribes, most of their art contains symbols and signs of their beliefs, dreams, and visions. Turquoise is a stone used in quite a bit of Southwest Indian jewelry. The Indians look at it as a stone that promotes health, happiness, and good fortune.
The ink pen has excellent weight, balance and a smooth writing performance with a Parker style refill. Matched with the Acrylic, Black Veins over Turquoise makes this pen stunning. This Handcrafted pen has been meticulously turned, sanded to 12000 grit, polished and assembled by hand. Handcrafted Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Southwest Ink Pens Antique Pewter Plating
Antiqued pewter plated components have pewter-colored plating that has been darkened to provide a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. This usually gives the pen an aged matte look. Antique Pewter finish is formulated to simulate the sophisticated sheen of time-worn pewter. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Southwest Ink Pens Acrylic Finish
The Ink Pens color, Black Veins over Turquoise, is a tough form of plastic for pens. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Handcrafted Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Twist Ink Pen
- Pen Operation – Twist the tip
- Fittings – Antique Pewter
- Material – Acrylic – Black Veins over Turquoise
- Color – Turquoise with Black Lines
- Length – 5-1/2 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .535 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew two halves
- Weight – 2.3 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handmade Ink Pens Crafting Process
The Southwest ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: Turquoise Stones, antique pewter, acrylic, pewter, Turquoise Acrylic.