Southwest Mesa, Handcrafted Pen in Antique Copper with Turquoise Stones
The Southeast Mesa Style ink pen end features geometric shapes inspired by weaving patterns of the Southwestern American Indians. Southwest Indians create many beautiful pieces of art, because they are very spiritual tribes, most of their art contains symbols and signs of their beliefs, dreams, and visions. Turquoise is a stone used in quite a bit of Southwest Indian jewelry. The Indians look at it as a stone that promotes health, happiness, and good fortune. The ink pen has excellent weight, balance and a smooth writing performance with a Parker style refill. Matched with the wood, Southwest Navajo makes this pen stunning. This ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The laminated wood has been turned, sanded and coated with 10 layers of finish and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Handcrafted Pen, ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Southwest Mesa Ink Pens Antique Copper Plating
Antiqued copper plate is copper plating that has been darkened to provide "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. It gives the components an aged copper look, but without the verdigris.
Copper offers a unique beauty and warmth. Because copper is soft by nature, these pens feature this plating will often have a protective clear layer on top of the copper plating to increase resistance to wear. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Southwest Mesa Ink Pens Laminated Wood Finish
The Southwest Navajo laminated wood is a variety of wood types that have been dyed and then glued together in various patterns to give a unique and beautiful look to our pens.
Southwest Mesa Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Twist Ink Pen
- Pen Operation – Twist the tip
- Fittings – Antique Copper
- Material – Wood - Southwest Navajo laminated wood
- Color – Turquoise and Brown Patterns
- Length – 5-5/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .445 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Pull of Tip
- Weight – 1.6 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Includes pen case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: Antique Copper, Turquoise Stones, laminated wood, metal, wood, black ink.