Southwest Mesa Pen, Handcrafted in Antique Brass and Turquoise Penn-Stone
The Southeast Mesa Style ink pen end features geometric shapes inspired by weaving patterns of the Southwestern American Indians. Southwest Indians create many beautiful pieces of art, because they are very spiritual tribes, most of their art contains symbols and signs of their beliefs, dreams, and visions. Turquoise is a stone used in quite a bit of Southwest Indian jewelry. The Indians look at it as a stone that promotes health, happiness, and good fortune.
The ink pen has excellent weight, balance and a smooth writing performance with a Parker style refill. Matched with the Penn-Stone, Turquoise with Gold Veins, makes this pen stunning. This Handcrafted pen has been meticulously turned, sanded to 12000 grit, polished and assembled by hand. Pen ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Southwest Mesa Ink Pens Antique Brass Plating
Antiqued brass components have a brass, copper or zinc base with a brass plating. The components are then darkened to give them a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Southwest Mesa Ink Pens Penn-Stone
Penn-Stone is made from real stone - pulverized, combined with pigments and resins then fabricated into a real stone machine-able pen blank. The Penn-Stone color, Turquoise with Gold Veins, results is a stunning pen that will look great for many, many years.
Handcrafted Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Twist Ink Pen
- Pen Operation – Twist the tip
- Fittings – Antique Brass
- Material – Penn-Stone – Turquoise with Gold Veins
- Color – Turquoise with Gold Veins
- Length – 5 - 5/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .445 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew Tip
- Weight – 1.9 oz
- Ink Color – Black Ballpoint
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Pen ships with instructions for use in case shown for protection or gift giving.
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Ink Pen Crafting Process
The Southwest Mesa ink pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added.
Materials: antique brass, metal, acrylic, black ink.