Victorian Rollerball, Handmade Pen in Antique Pewter with Blue and White Acrylic
This handmade elaborately designed Victorian rollerball ink pen represents the Victorian period that is named for Queen Victoria of England, the monarch who presided over the British Empire for more than six decades between 1837 and 1901. Fountain Pens from these years expressed confidence, serenity, and romance. Hearts, bows, flowers, and birds were common motifs, as were enameled serpents and snakes. This rollerball ink pen was individually handcrafted through a long process and is one of a kind. The Acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable. Rollerball ships in Premium Black Leatherette Pen Gift Box with instructions for use. These elegant gift boxes feature leatherette materials that are stitched along all exterior edges. This box has a rich soft touch covering and the interior is lined with a suede-like fabric.
Rollerball Pens Antique Pewter Plating
Antiqued pewter plated components have pewter-colored plating that has been darkened to provide a "distressed" (oxidized) appearance. This usually gives the pen an aged matte look. Antique Pewter finish is formulated to simulate the sophisticated sheen of time-worn pewter. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own. The antique pewter beautifully highlights the Victorian pen style.
Handcrafted Rollerball Pens Acrylic Finish
The Rollerball Pens color, Blue and White, is a tough form of plastic for pens. No two pens are ever alike, as the acrylic is molded and the colors and patterns are mixed throughout. The acrylic material has been turned, sanded and polished to a high shine that is extremely beautiful and durable.
Rollerball Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Rollerball Pen
- Pen Type Operation – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Unscrew cap and screw onto other end
- Fittings – Antique Pewter
- Material – Acrylic – Blue and White
- Color – Whites, Creams and Blue
- Length with Cap – 6.0 in
- Length Uncapped – 5-1/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) - .382 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 2.8 oz
- Ink Color – Black
- Ink Cartridge Type – Rollerball
- Includes case shown in photo for display or gifting
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of my ink pens are handcrafted on a lathe in my shop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- All pens will ship within 24 - 48 hours
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
Handcrafted Ink Pens Crafting Process
The Victorian Rollerball pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then cutting, drilling and turning the pen to its final shape on a lathe. The pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (150, 220, 320, 400, 600, and 800) of sandpaper, to achieve a very smooth surface and a diameter tolerance of .001 - .002 in, for a smooth transition with the metal parts. Wood pens then have 10 coats of finish applied and the ink pen is sanded again 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits to a high shine or satin finish. Acrylic and Tru-Stone pens are sanded 9 times with sandpaper to 12,000 grits for a high shine and then a polish is added
Materials: antique pewter, acrylic, pewter, metal, Blue and White.